4 THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN HIRING COMMERCIAL PAINTING CONTRACTORS
Are you looking to hire a commercial painting contractor? If so, you need to learn about the types of services available, where those services may be applied, and what you should expect when it comes to commercial painting jobs. This way, you’ll be able to set out clear standards and expectations for your painting contractor to ensure a smooth operation. If you’re not sure where to start with your search for a commercial painter, Robinson Painting of Colorado LLC has put together some tips and insight below to help with the process of hiring for commercial painting contractors.
What is a Commercial Painting Contractor?
What does a commercial painting contractor actually do? Commercial painting contractors work on interior and exterior surface painting jobs. They generally learn the trade either on the job or through a trade school apprenticeship.
For a commercial painter, daily job tasks may include removing old paint, priming work sites, repairing damages, washing walls, gathering materials, choosing or mixing colors, and cleaning up and maintaining the work site throughout the project. Depending on whether you’re hiring a single contractor for the job or a team of contractors, the estimated workload required may be organized into sectors or project phases throughout the job.
Types of Commercial Painting Services
Residential and commercial painting service offers and rates may vary from contractor to contractor. Many factors can affect the final product delivered by commercial painting contractors, such as the brand of paintbrushes used, quality of painting materials, seasoned technique or expertise, and more.
For Robinson Painting of Colorado LLC, our range of services include:
- Complete exterior painting
- Complete interior painting
- Elastomeric coatings
- Green/Low or No VOC coatings
- Power washing and mildew removal
- Thorough surface preparation
- Precise cost estimating
- Detailed painting specifications
- Prompt and accurate scheduling
- Quality workmanship and materials
To learn more or to request a quote for any of the services listed above, please feel free to contact us by clicking here for a free estimate. You may also be interested in browsing through our portfolio gallery to see photos of our past projects.
What kind of locations require commercial painting?
As mentioned, commercial paint jobs are needed for both internal and external surfaces. As such, the changing seasons and ever-changing weather could easily affect the duration and quality of a paint job. Depending on the project’s size and scale, this will be something you might want to discuss with your contractor. It’s also especially helpful when it comes to discussing the turnaround times and project workflow.
Popular commercial properties which often require commercial painting include:
- Office Buildings
- Shopping Centres and Retail Stores
- Industrial Buildings and Factories
- Multi-family Properties (such as high-rises, townhouses, special-purpose housing)
- Special Purpose Public Facilities (such as amusement parks or churches)
Typically, the larger the work site, the larger the painting team’s size that will be necessary to complete the job promptly. Since the weather could be an issue, you should plan details for a commercial painting project as early as possible. You can save on time and money by hiring a contractor who will work in your best interests to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
4 Things to Do Before Hiring a Commercial Painting Contractor
How do you start a search for a good commercial painting contractor? There are 4 things to consider before deciding which contractor to work with. From referrals to online reviews, we’ve put together 4 tips below on things to consider when preparing your search to hire a commercial painting contractor:
- Ask family, friends, or acquaintances for referrals.
- Perhaps the most reliable way to find a commercial painting contractor is to ask around for referrals from friends, family members, and even coworkers. Suppose someone you know has worked with the contractor before. In that case, they will provide you details on the deliverables and the direct experience of working with the contractor.
- Do your own research online and review feedback testimonials.
- Another effective way to decide on a commercial painting contractor is to review past clients’ feedback testimonials. With the advancement of technology and universal access to information on the internet, it has never been easier for painting contractors to publish their work portfolios on the web for review. Be sure to do a quick Google search for any testimonial feedback posted online as you look for a contractor!
- Request for estimates.
- Don’t be afraid to let prospective commercial painting contractors know if you are working within a specified budget range. It’s especially helpful for contractors to make fair estimates based on the information you provide on the paint job’s scope and scale. Still, it also saves time if you have a cost range in mind to work with.
- Keep an open line of communication with prospective candidates.
- Be open to having candid conversations with your commercial painting contractor to make sure you’re both on the same page! It’s a great way to see if the contractor’s working style is the right fit for you when it comes to communication.
We also recommend researching the types of tools and materials you would like to use for your project (such as the paint), so you and your contractor are on the same page about cost, quality, and final results
Robinson Painting LLC is Here to Help
If you’re on the hunt for a high-quality paint job from local commercial painting contractors in the Lafayette area, allow us to do the heavy lifting.
Whether you need commercial or residential painting services, Robinson Painting LLC of Colorado is happy to help. Feel free to contact us at 866-528-8938 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch today.